Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Leap of faith

I sit here and think of all the times I've taken a chance, a risk and not many instances come to mind. I wonder why as I always have been unconventional, unrestrained by norms. I've hated boundaries and have hardly ever stuck to them. Why then have I hardly taken the plunge?


It could perhaps be because I've hardly ever had someone take a chance on me. I've had to work for everything, never got anything for free. I may have had some success in overcoming obstacles, but I still have earned every ounce of my achievement. Success in your professional life has very little to do with success in your personal life and vice versa. I consider myself to be quite successful when it comes to my career. However, on the personal front, not so much. I guess I put too much of myself into work and don't play enough. Most of my risks have been in my professional life and they've worked out. On the other hand, I treat my personal life with caution. The few times I've taken a risk in that department, I've been snubbed. Now, I'm totally out of my comfort zone if I'm asked to take a risk. Recently I took one which didn't work out too well for me. Question is, should I stop while I'm ahead or throw caution to the wind? I'm waiting for someone to take that leap of faith for me, before I jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment