Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

I want to break free


Lately life seems to be at a standstill. My friends are growing up, doing the responsible adult things, getting engaged or married, having babies, buying properties etc. I, on the other hand, seem to be regressing back into my teenage years. I still cringe at the thought of husbands, babies, basically any sort of commitment. The only thing I want to plan for is my weekend! In retrospect, I'm glad that this is the only thing I need to plan for at this stage. Even though the monotony can sometimes be a drainer, that definitely is the lesser evil.

Someone recently said to me that women yearn for drama in their lives, and when we don't get enough of it, we create a situation where drama is inevitable. I disagree. I believe women have too many things on their mind, hence we don't need to create a situation. Drama, may simply arise as a direct consequence of us multi-tasking and the rest of the world ( AKA our male counterparts )not being able to keep up with our pace. Then of course, it was a man who claimed women crave drama!

For now, all I want is to live without the pressures of responsibilities and expectations, to explore avenues without being constricted, all I want is sweet freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment