Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

Then & Now

(Written somewhere between being on the road and being back)


I have no words to write,
I have so much to say,
Can't recount tales
Of today, or yesterday.
They say a picture is worth
A thousand words
I have so many to share,
But not sure how you'd interpret them
Not sure if you'd understand
Not sure that you'd care.

To understand, you needed to
Have lived my life this past year.
Experienced new suns, people,
Laughter and music,
Places, tastes, smells,
Colours, words, pleasures.
Tears have been shed,
Fears have been conquered.
New love has been discovered
In everything, in every place.

And now, now that I'm back here,
Trying to be present,
I have this constant queasy feeling
An ache that torments.
I yearn to be transported
To the time I started writing this,
A time of rapture
A time of bliss.
This numbness I feel
Needs to disappear pronto.











No comments:

Post a Comment