Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Thought I'd write about the age old adage 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. Women are more intuitive than men, whereas men are more logical compared to them. Women generally are right-brained, while men tend to be left-brained. Scientists have somewhere in the past come to this conclusion based on facts, figures and experimental observation. Of course every woman or man cannot be categorized under this stereotype, and exceptions do exist. Again, women and men may use both sides of their brain, but one may use one side more dominantly compared to the other. I am no scientist. However, I do know that what a man sees of a situation is very different from what a woman makes of it. Again logic versus intuition. I  once had a very interesting conversation with a male friend, or at least I thought he was a friend. He said , "I don't think men and women can ever be just friends." When I asked him to clarify he gave me examples of mutual acquaintances and friends. His statement was based on events. I nodded along during his monologue. When he finished, I looked at him strangely and said, " Well, you've explained why you believe men and women cannot be just friends. In that case, what about us. We're just friends and that works. Are we the exception to your belief? " All I got in return  was a shrug. Over the years we've remained just friends but I must say have drifted apart. There was never any chemistry, our relationship was only platonic. So I guess I proved him wrong. However, he never admitted I was right. Friendship is one of the least complex relationships. How can we not agree on this one? 

3 comments:

  1. Needs formatting.

    Haven't you contradicted yourself though? If you'll drifted apart, and there was no "chemistry" how did you'll remain friends? However, I agree with you. Men & women can be 'just friends'. Not on the least complex relationship though.. it can get seriously complicated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't believe I've contradicted myself. We still are friends, although not as close, hence the drifting apart. Also, friendship doesn't necessarily require chemistry, and NOT the physical lustful attraction kind:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. it gets complicated only if it's not "just friendship" ahem :D

    ReplyDelete